2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback, rebadged Baleno teased in a video
Toyota Glanza hatchback, which is essentially a rebadged Maruti Suzuki Baleno, has been teased in a promotional video on Toyota's official social network platform. That said, the hatchback gives a glimpse of what to expect in Toyota's iteration of the Baleno. The Glanza will be the first car to be launched post the global agreement between the two Japanese giants - Toyota and Suzuki.
The video shows a rear quarter of the hatchback and the rear right alloy wheel. So far the Glanza does not carry any signs of changes over the Baleno apart the Toyota badge, which is seen on the alloy wheel. The video mainly showcases the roomy cabin of the Glanza/Baleno as well as boasts of the boot space.
OVERDRIVE earlier reported that the Glanza will be launched in the Indian market by July 2019. Expect the Glanza to be launched with Maruti Suzuki's older K12B engine, however, updated to meet the BSVI norms. The automatic CVT could be an optional extra, while the five-speed manual will be a standard offering.
We believer, the prices of the Toyota Glanza will be lower than the Baleno's pricing across variants. After the Glanza, Toyota will launch its version of the Vitara Brezza and Suzuki will bring their version of the Toyota Corolla soon.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application