2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
In the latest teaser for its upcoming premium hatchback, the 2019 Toyota Glanza, the company has officially revealed what the front of the Glanza will look like. As seen in many spy shots earlier, the other major difference here is the new twin-slatted chrome grille. The Glanza will launch on June 6 in India.
Also noteworthy is the deep red paint scheme of this car, this colour option seems unique to the Glanza as well. Other than this, the Toyota Glanza will look largely like the Baleno with similar bodywork, interiors and styling. The Glanza is expected to come with a single BSVI petrol motor. We think this will be the older 1.2-litre K12B unit with its 84PS and 115Nm. Transmission options will be a manual and a CVT.
The Glanza is set to be available in two trims, in both manual and CVT. We expect it to get most features of the Baleno like climate control, push-button start, rain sensing wipers, touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Toyota could offer its own warranty package, accessories and aftersales services with the Glanza.
Prices of the Toyota Glanza should be slightly higher than that of the Baleno. Toyota will also launch a rebadged version of the Vitara Brezza after the Glanza while Suzuki will bring its own version of the Corolla Altis. Both carmakers are also co-developing a new MPV, that will sit between the Ertiga and Innova.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application