2019 Tata Tiago hatchback gets more safety features, prices start at Rs 4.40 lakh
The Tiago now gets dual airbags, rear parking sensors, a speed alert system and seatbelt warning for both front occupants. These are measures all cars will have deploy post July 1. Many have already got this upgrade. Earlier in the year, Tata Motors had added ABS and EBD as standard across the Tiago line-up.
Mechanically, the Tiago remains unchanged. The 1.2-litre Revotron motor puts out 85PS of power and 114Nm of torque, with a claimed mileage of 23.84kmpl. There are multi-drive modes - City and Eco. The 1,047cc turbocharged Revotorq diesel motor makes 70PS/140Nm and claims to deliver 27.28kmpl. Both the petrol and diesel engines are mated to a five-speed manual transmission. This motor could be reworked to meet BSVI norms or be culled from the line-up entirely, given the high costs that come with making these engines compatible.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport