2019 Tata Harrier testing and development videos revealed
In a slew of videos released online, Tata Motors is proudly showing off the torture tests that the Harrier test mules are being put through to ensure longevity and reliability for the production spec model that will go on sale in 2019. As we revealed during our coverage of Tata's booth at the Auto Expo, the Harrier SUV is based on a modified Discovery Sport platform, codenamed the D8. To keep costs in check, the Harrier makes generous use of high strength steels in its chassis architecture (in place of aluminium used in the Discovery Sport).
For those unaware, the Harrier is an SUV that will compete with the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass and will feature a 2.0l/140PS four-cylinder diesel engine with a 4x4 drivetrain. Through the videos, Tata claims that the Harrier has undergone over 22 lakh kilometres of hardcore testing in various driving conditions that simulate the worst that the car will be put through in its average lifetime. Watch the videos for more:
Also Watch:- 2019 Tata Harrier | First Drive Video
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet