2019 Shanghai Auto Show: Karma Automotive to showcase three new models
Karma Automotive will unveil the first results of its partnership with Pininfarina at the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show. There will be three new vehicles on show here. These will be the Vision concept, a new Revero and a third car designed by Mahindra-owned Pininfarina, as part of Karma's New dawn initiative.
The Vision concept previews a fully electric GT car. Not much is known other that it will carry the design cues seen here. This means a low-slung flat shape with unique squarish haunches and glass area. Full length taillamps accentuate the car's width. The Pininfarina concept is a more mainstream and consequently more practical design. The front gets the newest interpretation of the toothed grille look with a central mesh gap and slim headlamps A classically Italian shape can be expected with soft curves and muscular lines. This will be a plug-in hybrid most likely.
The refreshed Revero will continue to be a plug-in hybrid but will feature a refreshed exterior design and possibly more amenities.
Karma Automotive is the latest iteration of the once pioneering Fisker Automotive, a major player in the EV in the last decade and makers of the Fisker Karma. The Revero is essentially that car from 2009. Chinese auto supplier Wanxing bought the bankrupt firm in 2013.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained