2019 Renault Kwid facelift teased ahead of festive season debut
The Renault Kwid facelift is expected to be launched in the next few weeks. Renault India has started building anticipation for this with a new teaser video. The video shows some of the new details on the car and seems to confirm that the new car will take substantial styling cues from the City K-ZE EV that debuted in China recently.
The two-part headlamps design, a larger grille with the three horizontal slats and a wide air dam are apparent in this teaser. The rear is expected to sport a chunkier bumper, with high-mounted reflectors and a slightly redesigned tail lamp cluster with LED elements. Renault could also add some contrasting panels along the body to liven it up even further. No pictures of the interiors are available yet, but some of the Triber's bits can be expected to trickle down, like the new digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system.
Engine options will most likely remain unchanged, except for maybe BSVI compatibility. The Kwid currently comes with two 3-cylinder petrol options. The first is a 1.0-litre unit with 68PS and 91Nm and an 800cc motor with 54PS/72Nm. Both come equipped with a 5-speed manual and AMT. Expect the AMT to be a bit more responsive in this iteration and come with a floor-mounted shifter.
These new launches by Renault in India is part of a larger scheme to double how many cars it sells here. To this end, a small SUV is also in the works.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021