2019 Renault Kwid Climber facelift teased again ahead of launch
Renault India has teased the 2019 Renault Kwid facelift again ahead of the car's launch in the next few weeks. This teaser shows the more lively Climber variant and carries the unique teal and orange paint scheme along with more plastic cladding.
The two-part headlamps design, a larger grille with the three horizontal slats and a wide air dam are apparent in this teaser. The rear is expected to sport a chunkier bumper, with high-mounted reflectors and a slightly redesigned tail lamp cluster with LED elements. Renault could also add some contrasting panels along the body to liven it up even further. No pictures of the interiors are available yet, but some of the Triber's bits can be expected to trickle down, like the new digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system.
Engine options will most likely remain unchanged, except for maybe BSVI compatibility. The Kwid currently comes with two 3-cylinder petrol options. The first is a 1.0-litre unit with 68PS and 91Nm and an 800cc motor with 54PS/72Nm. Both come equipped with a 5-speed manual and AMT. Expect the AMT to be a bit more responsive in this iteration and come with a floor-mounted shifter.
These new launches by Renault in India is part of a larger scheme to double how many cars it sells here. To this end, a small SUV is also in the works.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021