2019 Pan Africa Rally: Sherco TVS Rally's Michael Metge ahead after Stage 1
The first 275 km stage of the 2019 Pan Africa Rally concluded yesterday, September 23, with the Sherco TVS Rally team's three riders dominating proceedings. Michael Metge finished in first place, ahead of Lorenzo Santolino in second and Adrien Metge in third.
Hero Motosports Team Rally's Joaquim Rodrigues, who had won the Prologue, finished in fourth position. CS Santosh finished ninth. TVS Sherco's Johnny Aubert finished the stage sixth. Unfortunately, Abdul Wahid Tanveer, the other TVS rider, had to abandon the rally at the prologue stage after an injury.
Michael Metge, Racer, Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team said, "After a strong start yesterday I was able to gain momentum in the rally. Riding through the dunes is tough but I am confident that we will navigate smoothly and continue to perform in this Rally."
Joaquim Rodrigues of Hero MotoSports Team Rally said, "It was a good experience for me to open the stage today and I really enjoyed it. I was able to hold on to my position for the most part and arrived first as well which felt good. I made a couple of small mistakes but overall it was a good first stage and I am happy with my performance. Looking forward to the stage 2 tomorrow."
The next stage of the Pan Africa rally is a 290 km run through a mix of dunes and fast piste in the Erfoud region.
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base