2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class to be launched in India on October 16
Mercedes-Benz will expand its SUV line-up in India with the Mercedes-Benz G 350d, set to launch here on October 16. This is the standard version of the G 63 AMG and will be the flagship of the Mercedes-Benz SUV line-up here.
The G 350d is powered by the OM 656 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder engine with 286 PS and 600 Nm. This will be paired with the nine-speed torque-convertor automatic that has been seen on other new Mercedes cars but reworked here to work better off-road. Mercedes claims a 0 to 100 kmph time of 7.4s and a 199 kmph top-speed for this powertrain. Additionally, 40 percent of the drive torque goes to the front axle and 60 per cent to the rear axle. A low-range transfer case, along with the permanent all-wheel drive, is available.
The G-Class comes with the standard-issue grille, slightly narrower track, and more subtle body-cladding. The interiors also use more Artico leather, open-pore wood and quilted stitching. All the new Mercedes bits like the metal detailing, turbine-style vents and the twin-screen MBUX infotainment set-up is also available.
We expect prices to be around the Rs 1.5 crore mark, ex-showroom
Also see: Mercedes G 350d | First Look
Starts Rs 1.5 Crore
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector