2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV to launch in India tomorrow
Mercedes-Benz will launch its flagship SUV with a diesel engine in India tomorrow. The Mercedes-Benz G-Class will be available in the G 350d variant and will be flagship SUV of the Mercedes-Benz line-up in India. The SUV is currently available in India in its Mercedes-AMG G 63 guise.
The G 350d is powered by the OM 656 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder engine with 286 PS and 600 Nm in its BSVI guise. This will be paired with the nine-speed torque-convertor automatic that has been seen on other new Mercedes cars but reworked here to work better off-road. Mercedes claims a 0 to 100 kmph time of 7.4s and a 199 kmph top-speed for this powertrain. Additionally, 40 percent of the drive torque goes to the front axle and 60 per cent to the rear axle. A low-range transfer case, along with the permanent all-wheel drive.
The G-Class comes with the standard-issue grille, slightly narrower track, and more subtle body-cladding. The interiors also use more Artico leather, open-pore wood and quilted stitching. All the new Mercedes bits like the metal detailing, turbine-style vents and the twin-screen MBUX infotainment set-up is also available.
We expect prices to be around the Rs 1.5 crore mark, ex-showroom
Also see: Mercedes G 350d | First Look
Starts Rs 1.5 Crore
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand
- NewsConfirmed: Hero MotoCorp to offer sales and service support for Harley-Davidson in India
- NewsNew Hyundai i20 to launch in India on November 5th
- NewsRugged Ford EcoSport Active leaked before official international unveil
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - A Stylish and Luxurious Expandable Motorhome