2019 Maruti Suzuki S-Presso spied ahead of September 30 launch
Maruti Suzuki's latest offering, the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, has been spotted testing without camouflage ahead of an expected September 30 launch. This image shows many details of the rear-section of this SUV-inspired hatchback.
Notable cues here are the high ride height, a factor accentuated by the large dark inserts on the bumper. Other bits are the slight bulges along the sides of the car and around the reflectors. Also seen are a rising window-line, a chunky C-pillar and taillamps with a slight hint of the Vitara Brezza to them. We expect the frontal design to have a high bonnet line and big grille bringing in the traditional SUV cues. The headlamps could be large angular halogen units.
The S-Presso is expected to sit above the Alto in the Maruti Suzuki line-up and come powered with the BSVI-compliant 1.0-litre three-cylinder motor seen on cars like the Alto K10 and the base versions of the Wagon R. This should be paired with either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox. The S-Presso will be a more direct rival to the Renault Kwid and will be slightly larger than the Alto in terms of size.
We expect prices of the S-Presso to start under Rs 5 lakh mark on-road. Expect features like the Smartplay Studio and other conveniences to be offered.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso | First Drive
Image source: Gaadiwaadi
Also See:- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso | First Look
Starts Rs 3.71 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3