2019 Mahindra XUV300 AMT spotted testing ahead of launch
The 2019 Mahindra XUV300 compact SUV launched in India recently. We already have confirmation that an electric version is being devloped for next year. Now, with these spy pictures, it is evident that an automatic version will debut before that, possibly in the next few months.
This AMT unit could be a six-speed unit sourced from Magnetti Marelli. Reports suggests that this could be a stop-gap arrangement until a new Aisin six-speed torque convertor unit debuts in the future. The AMT will be avialble on both the petrol and diesel XUV300.
The version seen in these pictures is the top-spec W8 variant, so Mahindra looks like its not limiting the auto to just mid-spec cars. It's main competition, the Tata Nexon and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza both offer AMT options too.
The XUV300 is powered by a 1.5 turbocharged diesel motor which makes 117PS at 3,750rpm and puts out 300Nm of torque between 1,500 to 2,500rpm. This is the same as the Marazzo's engine, but has been slightly detuned and a eVGT has been added. The petrol is a turbochared version of the 1.2 litre unit from the KUV100. This three-cylinder unit makes 112PS and 200 Nm. Both come with a six-speed manual.
The compact SUV is available in four variants and prices start at Rs 7.90 lakh for the base petrol version and goes up to Rs 11.99 lakh for the top of the line, W8 option diesel version.
Source: NDTV carandbike
Also see: Mahindra XUV 300 AMT First Drive Video
Also see: Mahindra XUV300 v Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon & Ford EcoSport Comparison Test Video
Also see: Mahindra XUV 300 First Drive Video
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport