2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R pre-bookings open in India
India Kawasaki Motors has started accepting pre-bookings of the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R in India at Rs 1.5 lakh. Bookings are open up to November 30. The bike is expected to launch in January 2019 and prices will be revealed then.
The bike is being brought into India via the CKD route and will be assembled at Kawasaki's Chakan plant. The ZX-6R is powered by a 636cc in-line four-cylinder engine paired with a six-speed gearbox which now meets Euro 5 norms. This motor will produce 129.7PS at 13,500rpm. The 1.3PS drop in power over the last gen bike has come by way of the cleaner emissions.
Changes to the MY 2019 Ninja ZX-6R include an updated instrument cluster with a fuel gauge, range and Eco mode indicator. Stylistic changes include a new front cowl and redone tail section, reworked LED headlamps and tail lamps. There is also a new exhaust.
The motorcycle gets a host of electronic features including KIBS (Kawasaki intelligent anti-lock braking system), KTRC (Kawasaki traction control), KQS (Kawasaki quick shifter) and LED headlamps and tail lamps.
Starts Rs 10,49,000
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand