2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R pre-bookings open in India
India Kawasaki Motors has started accepting pre-bookings of the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R in India at Rs 1.5 lakh. Bookings are open up to November 30. The bike is expected to launch in January 2019 and prices will be revealed then.
The bike is being brought into India via the CKD route and will be assembled at Kawasaki's Chakan plant. The ZX-6R is powered by a 636cc in-line four-cylinder engine paired with a six-speed gearbox which now meets Euro 5 norms. This motor will produce 129.7PS at 13,500rpm. The 1.3PS drop in power over the last gen bike has come by way of the cleaner emissions.
Changes to the MY 2019 Ninja ZX-6R include an updated instrument cluster with a fuel gauge, range and Eco mode indicator. Stylistic changes include a new front cowl and redone tail section, reworked LED headlamps and tail lamps. There is also a new exhaust.
The motorcycle gets a host of electronic features including KIBS (Kawasaki intelligent anti-lock braking system), KTRC (Kawasaki traction control), KQS (Kawasaki quick shifter) and LED headlamps and tail lamps.
Starts Rs 10,49,000
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno facelift production begins ahead of launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety