2019 Jawa dual-channel ABS - deliveries to commence soon
The deliveries of the Jawa motorcycle equipped with dual channel ABS (antilock braking system) is expected to commence soon. Earlier, the Jawa standard was equipped with a single-channel ABS, that was priced at Rs 1.64 lakh. To comply with the stricter safety norms, the Jawa standard has been updated with a dual-channel ABS which commands a premium of Rs 1.73 lakh - both the prices are ex-showroom Mumbai. The Jawa rivals the likes of Royal Enfield Classic 350 which is priced at Rs 1.47 ex-showroom Mumbai.
The bookings for the Jawa and the Jawa Forty Two began last year, however, the company ceased to accept booking on December 25, 2018. The company has sold out all the units of the motorcycles until September 2019. The Jawa motorcycles are being manufactured at Mahindra's production facility at Pithampur near Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
The 2019 Jawa Forty Two looks very different from the Jawa, though
The Jawa standard is powered by a 293cc, liquid-cooled, single cylinder engine that offers 27PS and 28Nm, mated to a six-speed gearbox. Earlier, in a twitter post, the company said the two bikes return an ARAI claimed fuel-efficiency figure of 37.5kmpl.
Also see: Jawa Forty Two | Road Test Review
Starts Rs 1,65,000
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh