2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
More spy images of the facelifted Hyundai Elantra testing in South Korea have appeared. These images show the car to have slight visual tweaks to bring it up to date.
The front and rear bumpers have been tweaked and have a more substantial look to them. The front LED DRLs are new while the LED taillamps are now of horizontal shape, rather than the earlier hexagonal design. The interior should also receive updates like a reworked infotainment system, new materials and minor design changes. The number plate is now placed on the bumper, the earlier car had it on the boot lid. Additional features like a wireless charging pad and updates to the infotainment system and the MID can also be expected.
While the international market car is expected to come with a new Smart Stream engine option, it is unknown if this will be available on the Indian cars. Present engine options are a 1.6-litre diesel with 126PS and 260Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol with 152PS and 192Nm. These are paired with six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Elantra competes with cars like the Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic. The new car will likely build on the qualities of good features and engine refinement of the earlier car but it would do good to improve on the ride and handling package of the last car.
Image Source: Naver
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base