2019 Honda City petrol BSVI to launch soon
A leaked document from the Delhi Transport Department shows that Honda will launch the BSVI version of its 1.5-litre petrol motor with the Honda City soon. The City is also available with a 1.5-litre diesel, which is also expected to be updated to meet the new norms before the April 2020 deadline.
This document shows that the BSVI petrol motor will be available on all manual variants of the City to begin with, these are the SV, V, VX and ZX variants. This motor's outputs also remain the same. The 1,497cc litre motor continues to put out 119PS at 6,600 rpm and 145 Nm at 4,600 rpm. The BSIV-spec engine returns a claimed 17.4 kmpl but this might change with the upgrade.
This development may also mean that the next generation of the Honda City, set for an Indian debut next year will most likely continue using this engine but with certain improvements made to it.
Prices for the Honda City start at Rs 11.83 on-road Mumbai for the base SV petrol and go up to Rs 15.39 lakh for the top ZX petrol. Expect a Rs 15,000-Rs 20,000 hike in this with the BSVI versions.
Document source: Gaadiwaadi
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch