2019 Geneva Motor Show: Tata Altroz teased ahead of its official debut
Tata Motors India has been teasing their highly anticipated hatchback in the B+ segment, the Altroz on their online platforms. The premium hatchback could be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show in its production avatar. Expect Tata to officially launch the Hyundai i20 Elite, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Honda Jazz rival by the third quarter of 2019 in India.
The concept of the upcoming Altroz was showcased at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo, and the car carried Tata's Impact 2.0 family design. The teasers show the front and the rear silhouette of the hatch. The fascia seems to be very loyal to its concept design with slim and sharp headlamps. The rear sports clear lens tail lamps, a spoiler and chunky bumper that flows out of the flared wheel arches. Tata unveiled the name of their hatchback, last month, which is inspired by a bird, Albatros.
The interior teaser shots unveil a tabloid-type infotainment screen which sits right on top of the centre console as seen in the recently launched Tata Harrier.
The upcoming hatchback will be based on the new ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) platform and will have the choice of petrol and diesel engines. We expect the 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine to be offered. Both the engines will come with a manual transmission, although to keep the cost competitive, the manufacturer could offer an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission).
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.99 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each