2019 Geneva Motor Show: Mercedes-AMG S 65 Final Edition bids farewell to the AMG V12
Mercedes-AMG will soon retire its flagship 6.0-litre twin-turbo V12. In homage to this motor, the company has unveiled the 2019 Mercedes-AMG S 65 Final Edition.
The S 65 Final Edition is limited to 130 units worldwide and comes fitted, as standard, with every feature offered on the S-Class. This includes conveniences like the Magic Sky Control panoramic roof, the First Class rear suite which adds individual seats and an extended business console. There's even temperature controlled cupholders.
Styling tweaks have also been made. All cars will come in an exclusive obsidian black paint finish. There's a matt bronze tinge to the air inlets, 20-inch multi-spoke wheels and on the side-skirts. Also, the tailpipes are now gloss-black as well.
This theme continues on the inside as well. The engine is now finished in black. The interiors get black nappa leather with copper contrast stitching. There copper ambient lighting and other small unique bits like the numbered plaque.
This motor makes 630PS and an astonishing 1,000Nm. Powered as such, and mated to the older seven speed Mercedes torque convertor, the S 65 can get from 0 to 100 kmph in 4.2s and on to 250kmph. This increases to 300kmph with the AMG driver's package available as standard here.
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - MTDC flags-off its motorhome and campervan
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks