2018 Volvo XC60 launched in India at Rs 55.9 lakh
We drove the 2018 Volvo XC60 last week and returned impressed. It is a replacement for Volvo's top grossing premium crossover and the all-new XC60 has finally made its entry into the Indian market today. At an event in New Delhi, the 2018 Volvo XC60 was launched at ? 55.9 lakh ex-showroom.
As we revealed last week, the XC60 will only be available in the range-topping Inscription trim at launch. Powering the car is Volvo's popular 2.0l D5 diesel motor, tuned to produce 235PS of power and 480Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an Aisin sourced 8-speed transmission and a Haldex all-wheel-drive system. Volvo is also offering air-suspension as a standard fit on all four corners. While the D5 is the only drivetrain configuration on offer at launch, more engine and trim options will be added at a later date.
The car is available in a choice of four color options. While the white, black and silver colors are similar to the XC90, the grey color seen here is a new addition that is exclusive to the XC60. The launch edition seen here will be available for a limited time period, says Volvo. In a conversation with Overdrive last week, Volvo India's new M.D., Mr. Carles Frump, said that the outgoing XC60 has contributed over 30% of its local sales and the new one is expected to build on that successful run.
Watch the review video here:
Starts Rs 52.9 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand