2018 Suzuki Intruder 150 launched in India at Rs 98,340
Suzuki Motorcycles India has launched the new Intruder 150 in India at Rs 98,340 (ex-Delhi). The new cruiser is a derivative Suzuki's popular Gixxer 150 motorcycle and incorporates a few bits from the street naked. The engine, for instance, is the same, refined and torquey motor from the Gixxer. It produces 14.8PS at 8,000 rpm and 14Nm at 6,000rpm.
The Intruder 150 is 8kg heavier than the Gixxer and hence it has a larger airbox, bigger sprocket and a revised exhaust design. This is done to ensure the Suzuki Intruder 150 is quick to accelerate off-the line. Going up by one tooth on the rear sprocket, however, will drop the top speed, by a bit. The Intruder 150's styling is inspired by the bigger capacity, Suzuki Intruder motorcycles. That said, the bulky body work may not be to everyone's taste.
The Suzuki Intruder 150 goes up against the only other 150cc cruiser in the market, the Bajaj Avenger 150. The Bajaj Avenger is quite a popular motorcycle and, so far, has been unchallenged. Watch this space to find out if the new Suzuki Intruder 150 got what it takes to beat the Bajaj Avenger 150.
Starts Rs 1,20,000
Starts Rs 82,253
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh