2018 Paris Motor Show: Skoda Vision RS previews new hot-hatch
Skoda's Paris Motor Show booth has plenty to keep the enthusiasts happy, with not one but two stunning vRS badged vehicles stealing the show. The one that is ready for production is the Kodiaq RS, while the other is the Vision RS concept car that previews an upcoming hot hatch.
Likely to take shape as the next generation Skoda Rapid (Euro-spec), the Vision RS's 4.3m length and 2.6m wheelbase hint at it being a rival to the likes of the Volkswagen Golf GTI and the Ford Focus STI. The Vision RS also previews the next step in the current design language adopted by Skoda with an even edgier surfacing and shaper details. Interestingly, it doesn't feature the signature C-motif in the taillights anymore.
The concept rides on a hybrid powerplant that comprises a 1.5l turbocharged petrol engine mated to an electric motor that feeds off a 13kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The combined output is over 240PS, which is good for a 7.1s 0-100kmph sprint and a top speed of 210kmph. Skoda hints an all-electric range of up to 70km and CO2 emissions of a mere 33g/km.
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details