2018 Paris Motor Show: Skoda Vision RS previews new hot-hatch
Skoda's Paris Motor Show booth has plenty to keep the enthusiasts happy, with not one but two stunning vRS badged vehicles stealing the show. The one that is ready for production is the Kodiaq RS, while the other is the Vision RS concept car that previews an upcoming hot hatch.
Likely to take shape as the next generation Skoda Rapid (Euro-spec), the Vision RS's 4.3m length and 2.6m wheelbase hint at it being a rival to the likes of the Volkswagen Golf GTI and the Ford Focus STI. The Vision RS also previews the next step in the current design language adopted by Skoda with an even edgier surfacing and shaper details. Interestingly, it doesn't feature the signature C-motif in the taillights anymore.
The concept rides on a hybrid powerplant that comprises a 1.5l turbocharged petrol engine mated to an electric motor that feeds off a 13kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The combined output is over 240PS, which is good for a 7.1s 0-100kmph sprint and a top speed of 210kmph. Skoda hints an all-electric range of up to 70km and CO2 emissions of a mere 33g/km.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch