2018 Paris Motor Show: Skoda Kodiaq RS sets a unique Nurburgring lap record
The Kodiaq is the first SUV from Skoda to wear the illustrious vRS badge. The bigger headline is that it has set a lap time of 9:29.84 around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Agreed, those numbers are nowhere near what super SUVs manage around the Green Hell, but the Kodiaq gets bragging rights because it is the fastest seven-seater crossover to achieve a respectable sub-10min run at the famous northern loop. Enabling the car these rights was the skill of veteran Nurburgring race driver, Sabine Schmitz - better known to the petrolhead tribe as the queen of the 'ring.
Another astonishing fact that could give the petrolheads a lump in their throat is that the Kodiaq RS is powered by a 2.0l diesel! The twin-turbocharged four-cylinder oiler puts out 240PS of power, can achieve a top whack of 220kmph and can sprint from naught to 100kmph in seven seconds.
The Kodaiq RS also debuts a new vRS badge, which now sports a red colour for the vee as well as the spacer, followed by the chromed out 'RS' letters as before. The vRS badges are found on the grille, boot lid and inside the car. In typical RS style, the cabin gets Alcantara upholstery and sports seats. Skoda's also implemented a fully-digital instrumentation similar to the virtual cockpit in its corporate siblings. Exterior highlights include the 22-inch alloys, twin exhaust pipes and a seamless reflective strip on the rear bumper.
Here is the Skoda Kodiaq RS First Drive Video Review
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - A Stylish and Luxurious Expandable Motorhome
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2