2018 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R to launch during Diwali, compete with new Hyundai Santro
Reports on the internet suggest that Maruti Suzuki will launch an updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R around Diwali. The hatchback will get changes to its platform and come with updated engines and transmissions.
While an all-new Wagon R was launched in the Japanese market some time ago, underpinned by the lightweight Heartect platform, the Indian-spec car will continue on its current platform. This structure will be updated to make it comply with future safety regulations.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder K10B with 67PS and 90Nm will be carried over but it will now be BSVI compliant. The five-speed manual and AMT will carry owner with improvements in refinement. In terms of design, the Wagon R will carry on with its traditional boxy, tall-boy look which helps maximise interior space.
The new Wagon R will compete with the upcoming Hyundai Santro which also launches around the same time. This segment of the car market is dominated by the Wagon R and the new Hyundai car will hope to re-establish the popularity of the original Santro. These changes to the Wagon R will level the playing field further.
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.4 Lakhs
- Mahindra drop another teaser showing off the upcoming EVs infotainment
- Helmet cameras are now a punishable offence in Kerala
- Top-5 best selling cars for July 2022
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Next-gen MG Hector grille teased ahead of end of the year debut