2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
The next-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga debuted at the 2018 Indonesia International Motor Show, and ever since has been anticipated in the country. Now come reports that suggest the 2018 Ertiga will be launched in India on November 21. And this no mere facelift. It is a larger, redesigned MPV that could take the fight to the Mahindra Marazzo.
Dimensionally, the new Ertiga is 130mm longer, 40mm wider and 5mm taller than its predecessor but the wheelbase remains the same at 2,740mm. Boot space is 153 litres, up 18 litres from earlier, with all seats up, and expandable to 803 litres (up 68 litres) with second and third row seats down.
The front fascia is completely new and now comes with wider double-barrel trapezoidal projector headlamps. The grille is now slightly larger as well and has heavy chrome detailing. The front bumper is more aggressively styled with a few prominent creases around the foglamps.
At the rear, the biggest change is the LED taillamps, these are now larger and look very similar to the ones on the Honda WR-V. The rear windscreen is more raked than before and sits on top a new tailgate design as well.
The car gets a redesigned and more spacious interior as well. While it shares a number of components with the Swift and Ignis, the overall design of the dash is new. The colour scheme is a beige and wood affair.
Mechanically, the most significant addition to the new Ertiga is a new K15B 1.5-litre petrol motor. This puts out 104PS and 138Nm. Increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. This will be paired with either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed auto. In India, the 1.3-litre diesel motor should also be available.
The new Ertiga is expected to cost roughly Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000 more than the outgoing model.
Also see: The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a matured people-carrier | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.25 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year