2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
Hyundai Motor India is on a roll, it appears. Right after the launch of the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift earlier today, there is now news of the facelifted 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 receiving an automatic transmission option. The option, a CVT automatic gearbox, is available on Magna and Asta variants of the 1.2-litre petrol engined Elite i20. The two variants are priced at Rs 7.04 lakh and Rs 8.16 lakh, respectively. This undercuts the prices of its direct competition, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, and the Honda Jazz hatchbacks.
The 1,197cc petrol produces 83PS and 115Nm. The reason Hyundai India has picked this motor to offer the automatic gearbox to its flagship hatchback is the taxation law, which favours sub-4m compact cars with engine capacity under 1,200cc. Both the Magna and Asta variants of the Hyundai Elite i20 are priced just over Rs 1 lakh higher than their manual counterparts. The 2018 Elite i20 was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo before its launch in India earlier this year.
But we will reserve our judgment over which of the three hatchbacks reigns in the battle of the automatics. So stay tuned for our comparison of this trio. There are no other changes on the Elite i20 apart from the addition of the CVT.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year