2018 Ford Mustang GT spotted in India
The 2018 Ford Mustang GT has been spotted in the country again. This is the second instance of this latest iteration of the modern muscle car being sighted in India this year, leading to reports that the car may be awaiting launch soon. The big difference in the new Mustang design comes with an all-LED headlamp and taillamp setup and sleeker details. The classic pony car stance and silhouette evolves slightly, but the overall design receives a sharper treatment over the current generation Ford Mustang GT being sold here. The 2018 Ford Mustang can touch 100kmph in almost 4 seconds, claims the company, making it the fastest Ford Mustang ever built.
The 2018 Ford Mustang GT is powered by a reworked 5.0-litre V8 motor that features dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection. This contributed to more power and improved efficiency. And that's the reason it makes more power and torque at 460PS/589Nm from the present 435PS/542Nm.
This motor is mated to a new 10-speed automatic transmission which offers quicker shift times than the 6-speed unit. It also gets different drive modes ? Normal, Sport, Track, Drag Strip and Snow/Wet. Even the 4-cylinder EcoBoost has been tweaked to make 310PS/474Nm, which makes it 40Nm more than its present form. This one will reach 100kmph in almost 5 seconds.
The muscle car comes with a Drag Strip mode that alters the torque and transmission behaviour to make the best use of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres and get the maximum acceleration. In the official statement, Ford has also pointed out that the 2018 Mustang GT is faster than the Porsche 911.
Image credit: instagram.com/carcrazy.indian
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year