2018 Audi A5 Sportback (Rs 54.02 lakh), A5 Cabriolet (Rs 67.15 lakh) and S5 Sportback (Rs 70.60 lakh) launched in India
The 2018 Audi A5 Sportback, the Audi A5 Cabriolet and the Audi S5 Sportback have been launched in India today. The Audi A5 Sportback is priced at Rs 54.02 lakh, the Audi A5 Cabriolet at Rs 67.15 lakh and the Audi S5 at Rs 70.60 lakh (all prices are ex-Mumbai). All three models are being sold in India as CBUs (complete built-up unit). At these prices, the Audi A5 Sportback doesn't really have a direct competitor, but the Audi A5 Cabriolet will take on the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet, while the Audi S5 will go up against the Mercedes-AMG C 43.
The Audi A5 Sportback is sold with just one engine option -- a 2.0-litre TDI
The Audi A5 is available only with a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine which produces 190PS and 400Nm, and a 7-speed DSG. However, it will be available only with a front-wheel drive drivetrain. The Audi A5 Cabriolet is offered with the same engine option as the Sportback, but features the brand's all-wheel drive quattro system. The Audi S5 Sportback continues to use the 3.0-litre turbo-charged V6 petrol from the previous generation car, but makes more power and torque -- 356PS/500Nm, up from 333PS/440Nm. We recently drove the Audi S5 in Jaipur and Lijo, who is very hard to impress, came back hoping to add the car to his garage someday.
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 69.24 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility