2017 Yamaha YZF-R15 with AHO launched in India at Rs 1.18 lakh
Yamaha has silently launched the YZF-R15 with Automatic Headlamp On (AHO) feature in India at Rs 1.18 lakh, ex-Mumbai. The motorcycle doesn't feature any other mechanical changes and is priced exactly the same as the older model. Prices for the R15 S also stay the same.
Yamaha India has basically done away with the headlamp switch. This means the headlamp stays on all the time. Putting the high beam switch on means the twin pods light up. The R15 joins its stable mate the R3 and other big bikes to have the AHO.
Other locally made motorcycles that have this feature include the KTMs, TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi, Hero Achiever and the Splendor iSmart 100. The Indian government's rules related to motorcycles is going to change from next year wherein motorcycles need to have their headlamp on all the time. Those above 200cc are required to have ABS as standard while the ones below need to have combined brakes as standard.
There are no other mechanical changes to the Yamaha R15, and it continues with the 17PS/15Nm liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine. It is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. There have been test mules of the updated R15 which have been spotted in Indonesia. It is expected that this model has more power as well as gets ABS as standard. As and when Yamaha India decides to bring this model, it will significantly up the game both in terms of performance and price.
Starts Rs 20,39,233
Starts Rs 1,10,388
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030