2017 Suzuki Hayabusa launched in India at Rs 13.88 lakh
Suzuki India has launched the 2017 Hayabusa in India. Priced at Rs 13.88 lakh, ex-Delhi, the Japanese superbike comes with three new paint shades - glass sparkle black and pearl glacier white, pearl vigor blue and glass sparkle black, and glass sparkle black. Other than the new colour scheme, the 2017 Suzuki Hayabusa does not get any mechanical updates.
The Suzuki Hayabusa is brought to India via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route and is assembled at the company's factory in Gurgaon. Suzuki claims that "since the introduction of the CKD version, the sales have shown a 100% per cent growth, and there is a long waiting period for which the company is working to reduce the delivery time". In March this year, Suzuki announced opting for the CKD route which slashed the prices of the Hayabusa by Rs 2 lakh. We did reach out to a Suzuki dealership to find out the waiting period which now stands at 45 days. The minimum booking amount for the 2017 Suzuki Hayabusa is Rs 2 lakh.
Powering the Suzuki Hayabusa is a 1,340cc motor that produces 197PS at 9,500rpm and generates 155Nm at 7,200rpm. This motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Suzuki claims that the Hayabusa can reach a maximum speed of around 300kmph. Globally, the Suzuki Hayabusa competes with the Kawasaki ZX-14R that is priced at Rs 17.90 lakh, ex-Delhi.
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits