2017 Skoda Octavia RS launched in India at Rs 24.62 lakh
The highly-anticipated 2017 Skoda Octavia RS has been launched in India at Rs 24.62 lakh (ex-showroom, pan India). The performance-spec version of the Skoda Octavia gets a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 230PS of power. The Skoda Octavia RS 230 is available in a single transmission option a 6-speed DSG. Over the standard Octavia, the suspension has been updated too for better dynamics.
Visually, the Skoda Octavia RS features new 17-inch wheels and a more aggressive body kit with blacked-out trims, new bumpers, steel tip exhausts and a small spoiler. Inside, the car gets new seats with RS branding and contrast stitching, and a sportier steering wheel with paddle shifters. The rest of interior is the same with features like a 9.2-inch touchscreen that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirrorlink. Skoda has also added a limited slip differential.
On the safety front, the car is equipped with nine airbags, ESP and features like Predictive Pedestrian Protection, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind Spot Detection, Trailer Assist and Dynamic Chassis Control.
Check our image gallery of the new Skoda Octavia RS here
Read our review of the new Skoda Octavia vRS here
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet