2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo is fastest luxury sedan around Green Hell
After many spy-shots and speculations, Porsche has finally revealed the second-generation Panamera. Apart from looking better than its predecessor, the all-new Panamera Turbo is also blisteringly quick, as demonstrated by a blisteringly quick 7:38 lap time around the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
Powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 producing 550PS and a whopping 770Nm of torque, the 2017 Panamera Turbo can accelerate from 0-100kmph in 3.6 seconds when equipped with the Sport Chrono Package. Power is sent to all four wheels via Porsche's 7-speed PDK transmission with the speedometer capping out at 306kmph. Aiding the Panamera Turbo put all that power down efficiently while cornering is an adaptive air suspension governed by multiple electronic systems.
While a Nordschleife lap time of 7:38 is mind-bogglingly quick in its own right, it's even more unbelievable when one takes into the consideration the cars it beat in the process. Lamborghini Murcielago SV, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Porsche 911 GT3, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio the list goes on. And these cars are all hardcore track-oriented versions of already fast cars, some supercars even! For a four-door sedan to beat all of the above cars, Porsche has really hit the nail on the head with the second-generation Panamera. Take a look at the snippet of the lap below.
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport