2017 New York Auto Show: Hyundai Kona SUV teased
Hyundai will unveil its smallest SUV, the Kona, at the 2017 New York Auto Show this month. The company has started releasing teasers about its latest SUV. The car is expected to go on sale shortly after its unveil.
The Hyundai Kona has been named after a famous Hawaiian village, like the Santa Fe as well as Veracruz SUVs. Spy shots suggest that the Hyundai Kona looks similar to the i20 Active that is sold here. In short, it looks like a raised hatchback. The teaser image shows the two-tier headlamp design, similar to the ones in the Nissan Juke. In the coming days, Hyundai is expected to release more details about the Kona SUV. The Kona will sit below the Tucson in Hyundai's global line-up and is expected to feature a turbo-petrol engine.
The Kona for obvious reasons will not come to the Indian market. The i20 Active and the Creta dominate the SUV space in the sub-Rs 20 lakh market in India. For Hyundai India, the Tucson too has been selling in decent numbers despite the slightly higher price tag that it commands.
We will have more details on the Hyundai Kona as and when they are released.
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased