2017 Mercedes-Benz E220d LWB launched in India at Rs 57.14 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has launched the much-awaited the 2017 E220d LWB in India at Rs 57.14 lakh (ex-Pune). This model joins the 2-litre petrol and 3-litre V6 diesel variants of the 2017 E-Class range in India. The E220d is powered by a 1,950cc diesel motor that produces 194PS at 3,800rpm and 400Nm between 1,600-2,800rpm. The engine is mated to a 9-speed transmission. E220d will slot in between the petrol and V6 diesel variants.
The all-aluminium diesel motor in the E220d weighs 168kg, 31kg lighter than the previous diesel engine. It is also Mercedes-Benz's first sub 2-litre engine that's made in India, for India.
Despite being a mid-spec E-Class, the car will share features such as the 34-degree recline seats, sunroof and other creature comforts that are available in the other E-Class variants.
The introduction of the E220d makes the E-Class a lot more accessible for customers who wanted a quick yet efficient diesel-powered luxury sedan, when compared to the V6 diesel E-Class.
Starts Rs 54.42 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.6 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor