2017 Honda Civic to get new turbocharged petrol engine in Europe
Honda will be launching two new petrol engines in Europe - the 1-litre and 1.5-litre VTEC turbocharged direct injection engines. Honda says that the all-new engines will be a part of Honda's growing Earth Dreams Technology range with best in class dynamic performance, output and fuel economy. They are expected to come mated with an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission rather than the current 5-speed automatic.
The 1.5-litre turbocharged engine is likely to replace the 1.8-litre engine with an approximately 30PS of increase in power, 15 per cent better fuel economy and 45 per cent better torque. The 2017 Honda Civic will be the first to get this unit.
Another Honda engine launched earlier this year was the 2-litre VTEC Turbo was launched this year, which powers the current Honda Civic R type. It produces 310PS of power and 400Nm of torque with a claimed top speed of 268kmph and 0-100kmph in 5.7 seconds.
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh