2016 Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship: Jagat Singh and Nagarjuna A win the Super Class
Season 3 of the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship concluded this weekend at the BIC in Delhi. This is the first year to host a Super Class category which comprised only of Indian truck drivers. There were two races in the category with six drivers competing in each. By the end of it, Jagat Singh and Nagarjuna A had emerged as the winners of their respective races, and were awarded Rs 10 lakh each as prize money. Competitors in the Super Class were your everyday truck drivers, before they were nominated, selected, trained and shortlisted to participate in the championship. The 12 drivers picked for the final races were shortlisted from around 50,000 entries after three months of fine-tuning.
Meanwhile in the Pro Class, David Jenkins of Team Tata Technologies won the final 20-lap race ahead of Team Tata Cummins' Rick Collett and Graham Powell. In this category, 12 drivers from six teams competed in two races. Unlike the Super Class, however, drivers in this category are seasoned truck racers from championships like the British Truck Racing Association Championship.
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years