2016 Paris Motor Show: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup updated for 2017
Porsche took the opportunity at the 2016 Paris Motor Show to unveil the updated 911 GT3 Cup race car for the 2017 season. The new 911 GT3 Cup now gets the 4.0l flat-six naturally aspirated direct-injection engine with a 485PS tune. The 911 GT3 Cup also gets a revised bodywork with new front and rear aero bits to improve downforce.
Porsche also claims to have improved the reliability of the 4.0l engine which, in turn, reduces costs for its customers. The improvements include more rigid mounts for the valve drive rocker arms, a new central oil feed, more rigid crankshaft and an integrated oil centrifuge to optimise oil defoaming in the engine.
The 911 GT3 Cup will be used extensively in 2017 at the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup and the Porsche Carrera Cup, before the carmaker opens it up for other brand racing series from 2018.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Paris Motor Show
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh