2016 Paris Motor Show: Ferrari GTC4 Lusso T showcased
Just like the LaFerrari Aperta, Ferrari had revealed pictures and specifications of the GTC4 Lusso T before its scheduled unveiling at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. And all 499 units of the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso have already been sold out. It is powered by a 3.9-litre V8 turbocharged engine which makes 601PS of power and 760Nm of torque. This engine family also does duty in the Ferrari 488 GTB and the Ferrari California T.
What makes the GTC4 Lusso T unique is that it is the first 4-seater Ferrari that comes equipped with a V8 engine. Ferrari says that its engine gets Variable Boost Management software that adjusts torque delivery as per the gear selected. As the driver engages higher gears, the amount of torque delivered by the engine also increases. The exotic carmaker says that this has allowed the utilisation of longer gear ratios in the higher ratios. This has improved fuel economy, and Ferrari says the range of the GTC4 Lusso T is 30 per cent more than its V12-engined model.
The Ferrari GTC4 Lusso T gets the carmaker's 4WS (rear-wheel steering) which has been integrated with Side Slip Control (SSC3). In an official release, Ferrari has stated that the 4WS delivers 'sharper steering wheel inputs while entering and exiting corners'. The response time between front and rear axles has been reduced by 6.5 per cent which makes it easier to control especially while driving hard. The SSC3 system can alter the car's behaviour to suit different driving conditions.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Paris Motor Show
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.4 Crore
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya