2016 NMRC: Vidhuraj wins Gixxer Cup Open Class
Motorcycles in action during the Suzuki Cup at the third round of the National Motorcycle Racing Championship in Chennai
Meka Vidhuraj managed to take a fine victory in the Open class race of the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, at the third round of the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship.
Vidhuraj started the race fourth on the grid, but took the lead on the first lap of the race, but B Rajnikanth soon got the better of him. Vidhuraj displayed fine racecraft, and bided his time, and was particularly clever on the last three laps of the race, following the race leader in a cautious fashion. Then, on the very last lap of the race, he managed to make a smart move to get past Rajnikanth. This gave him his second win of five races.
In the TVS MMSC One Make Championship, it was Apex Racing's Yashas RL who won the Novice class ahead of Hari Prasath R and Kamran Alam.
Qualifying for the 165cc class saw Jagan Kumar take pole position. However, when the TVS Racing rider was disqualified on technical grounds, Rajini Krishnan of RACR was moved up to pole.
Pole in the Super Sport India 300cc to 400cc class saw Rockstar Racing's Ami Van Poederooijen take pole. Rajiv Sethu claimed pole in the Pro Stock 165cc class, while Amarnath Menon of RACR took pole in the Stock 165cc class.
Starts Rs 1,11,871
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 Kia EV6 review, first drive - a surreal experience
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza spotted filming ahead of its launch
- 2022 Citroen C3 to be a premium B-segment offering
- 2022 BMW i4 electric 4-door coupe launched in India, prices start from Rs 69.90 lakh