2016 New York Motor Show: Mercedes Benz GLC coupe teased
Mercedes Benz has revealed a teaser video of the GLC coupe that will make its debut on March 23, 2016 at the 2016 New York Motor Show. Much like the larger offering, the GLE Coupe, the GLC coupe too gets a fastback styling with a sloping roofline.
Mercedes-Benz had displayed the GLC coupe concept at the 2015 Shanghai Motor Show. The bright yellow concept had crossover additions with aluminum bash plates underneath the front and the rear bumper. The rear lights were carried from the larger GLE coupe.
The upcoming Mercedes-Benz GLC coupe might share its powertrain options with the existing GLC SUV. It is also expected that Mercedes-AMG might spin out a performance based GLC 43AMG that will be powered by a 367PS/520Nm making V6 3.0-litre motor.
As seen in the video, the Mercedes-Benz GLC coupe gets the same front profile as the regular GLC SUV. The single slat radiator grille gets a matte coating. The front bumper gets sporty scoops, hinting of an AMG iteration. It is only the sloping roofline which makes the GLC look different from the SUV. The wheelbase and the ground clearance appear to be unchanged. The rear profile, in heavy camouflage, doesn't reveal much except for a short boot section. The Mercedes-Benz GLC coupe will compete against the BMW X4.
Mercedes Benz GLC coupe teaser images
Starts Rs 52.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 62.7 Lakhs
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review