2016 New York Motor Show: 2017 Acura MDX teased
Acura has released a teaser image of the 2017 MDX ahead of its unveil at the 2016 New York International Auto Show. Acura says that the 2017 MDX will get substantial design updates, more luxury and convenience features and an advanced new powertrain technology. The teaser image reveals that the 2017 MDX gets a more chiseled and muscular front fascia.
"We are sharpening our focus on the Precision Crafted Performance DNA of the Acura brand and the 2017 MDX will integrate new styling elements and powertrain technology that takes us another step in that direction," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Company.
The 2017 Acura MDX has been designed by the Acura Design Studio in Torrance, California. It will continue to be produced at the company's Lincoln, Alabama plant. The company says that in early 2017, an additional production source for MDX will be added at the East Liberty, Ohio plant. Both plants will use domestic and globally sourced parts to make the 2017 MDX.
The 2017 Acura MDX will be unveiled on March 23 at the 2016 New York International Auto Show. The MDX is Acura's best selling SUV with over 50,00o units sold annually over the past three years.
The current Acura lineup comprises of five models the RLX luxury flagship sedan, TLX performance luxury sedan, ILX sport sedan, RDX luxury crossover SUV, and the Acura MDX.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots