2016 Maruti-Suzuki Raid de Himalaya to begin on 8th October
The 18th edition of the Raid de Himalaya will begin on the 8th of October, 2016, with a ceremonial flag off that will take place in Manali. The big change for the 2016 edition of the event, however, is that the route for the Raid is new in parts.
Schedule for the 2016 Maruti Suzuki Raid de Himalaya
The first stop during the Maruti Suzuki Raid de Himalaya will be Spiti, Kaza, which is at an altitude of 12,500ft. From there, the contingent will make its way towards Sarchu, then to Leh, and back to Manali. Over the course of the entire event, participants are expected to cover approximately 2000km.
This year, the Raid is expected to go to altitudes as high as 17,500ft, with temperatures reaching below -15°C.
Another highlight of the 2016 edition of the event, is the fact that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will make its debut this year.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions