2016 Jeep Wrangler recalled in the US
Jeep has issued a recall for the 2016 Wrangler models in the US. The manufacturer states that recall has been issued to fix a fault with the impact sensor wiring.
Jeep reports that impact sensing wiring disconnects from the impact sensors in certain kinds of crashes. This could potentially cause the airbags not deploying. Also, it could prevent the pre-tensioners from activating.
Jeep says that it discovered the defect during a "routine crash test:. Owners of affected models will be contacted and told to get the vehicle to the service centre to fix the issue. All it needs is a simple rewiring.
The 2016 Jeep Wrangler is on sale in India and since it's a CBU, the units sold in the country could also be the ones affected by the recall. We have not got any confirmation from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) as of now, however, we will update this post as soon as we get an update.
Jeep launched the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee in India in August 2016. The Wrangler Unlimited is priced at Rs 71.59 lakh (ex-Delhi). It is powered by a 2,776 cc diesel engine that develops 200PS at 3,600rpm and 460Nm between 1,600-2,600rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed automatic. You can read our road test review here.
Starts Rs 63.94 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh