2016 Geneva Motor Show: New 1.7-litre turbo-diesel Hyundai Tucson showcased
Hyundai showcased a variant of the Tucson that is powered by a new 1.7-litre high power turbo-diesel engine at the 2016 Geneva Auto Show. The good news is that this one could make it to India later this year. This variant produces 141PS of power at 4,000rpm and 340Nm of torque between 1,750rpm and 2,500rpm. This engine will come mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The new 1.7-litre Hyundai Tucson will be offered only in a two-wheel drive configuration with power sent to the front wheels. The company claims that this car will go from 0-100kmph in 11.5 seconds and that it has a top speed of 185kmph.
Hyundai says that with the 7-speed dual-clutch transmission the 1.7-litre Tucson offers 20 per cent more efficiency than the variant with the 6-speed gearbox. According to the company, the 1.7-litre Hyundai Tucson will return around 20.4 kmpl, which is quite impressive for an SUV. Like the other variants the new 1.7-litre Hyundai Tucson comes with an integrated start-stop system as standard for better efficiency.
The Hyundai Tucson is the brands fastest selling car in the European market with over 1,15,000 orders since its launch. The brand had showcased the Hyundai Tucson at the 2016 Auto Expo, and we expect it to reach India by September, 2016.
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
- ReviewComparison: 2020 BMW G 310 GS BSVI vs KTM 390 Adventure BSVI
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 350 dual-channel ABS gets two new colour options, Metallo Silver and Orange Ember
- ReviewBMW R 18 First Edition road test review
- NewsVolvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV expected to launch in India in 2021
- NewsVolvo S60 to launch in India in March 2021