2016 Chevrolet Beat teased, global unveil on April 2, 2015
General Motors has dropped a teaser image of the upcoming 2016 Chevrolet Beat, better known to the global market as the Spark. Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken for a Hyundai product.
Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken as a Hyundai product
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on the Opel Karl/Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show. The new Beat bears a strong resemblance to the Karl with similar creases on the side. But in typical Beat fashion, the rear door handles will be mounted near the C-pillar, unlike the conventional placement for the Opel/Vauxhall hatch.
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on this, the Opel Karl / Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show
Like the Karl, the new Spark/Beat too will use a 1.0-litre Ecotec petrol engine putting out about 75PS of power. For the India-spec version though, we expect the Beat to continue with the 1.2-litre petrol and 936cc diesel engine options. The new Spark/Beat will make its debut on April 2, 2015 and will be displayed at the Seoul and New York motor shows, but the India-spec model could still be a year away. We expect to see the 2016 Chevrolet Beat at the 2016 Auto Expo in India which gets underway in February next year.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector