2016 British Rally Championship: Amittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik all set for Round 1
Amittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik will be the first Indian team to take part in the British Rally Championship. The first round of the 2016 British Rally Championship, which will have 143 teams competing, will be held from March 5-6 and the winner of the event will score 25 points towards the championship.
The first round or the Mid Wales Stages as it's called, will take competitors through around 110km of some of the classic Wales Rally GB stages like Myherin, Hafren and Pike's Peak. The first two stages, which will begin on Saturday evening measure around 40km each. The third stage, which is close to 70km long, will take place in broad daylight on Sunday.
Ghosh, who is from Kolkata, won the 2013 Indian National Rally Championship, and has also won the 2007 MRF Racing Championship and two Mughal Rallies. Ashwin Naik, from Mangalore, too has a sizeable list of victories as a co-driver. These include titles in the Xtreme categories of the Raid de Himalaya, Desert Storm and the 2013 Malaysian Rally.
The Indian team will be driving a Ford Fiesta powered by a 1.0-litre three cylinder EcoBoost engine mated to a five-speed sequential gearbox. The car is also equipped with adjustable Reiger dampers and Eibach springs.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones