2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha unveils new Ray-ZR scooter, to launch in May 2016
Yamaha completed part one of their announcements at the 2016 Auto Expo with a new scooter, the Ray-ZR. The Ray-ZR is a Dio-style sporty-scooter based on the Ray. That means the Blue Core 113cc engine making roughly 7.1PS - Yamaha has not yet confirmed a power figure. The engine powers a light 103kg body and Yamaha will add a disc brake to the specification, while the drum brake version will be the bottom model.
The Ray-ZR should be priced at Rs 49,000 ex-Delhi for the drum brake version while the disc version should be about Rs 53,000 ex-Delhi. Yamaha will launch the Ray-ZR in India in March and price, specification and availability confirmations will come then. Apart from its full range of scooters, Yamaha also has the NMAX scooter at the show stand.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh