2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha NMAX on display
Aside from the new Yamaha Ray-ZR that is a rebodied Yamaha Ray scooter aimed at next gen boys (well next gen boy's scooter to quote the official stance), Yamaha also has the Nmax maxi scooter on display at the 2016 Auto Expo. Yamaha India hasn't mentioned any plans about bringing this maxi scooter to India and we suspect it is here to gauge reactions.
The Nmax is a full size scooter that features a 125cc single cylinder engine that uses Yamaha's file saving Blue Core technology. The motor is more advanced than anything we have seen on a scooter in India and features a 4-valve head and variable valve actuation. The results show in the power output that is a 150cc motorcycle rivalling 15.5PS and 14.4Nm.
All that power will come in handy considering that the large scooter weighs 127kg. It runs 13-inch wheels with fat 110/70 and 130/70 tubeless tyres front and rear respectively. Disc brakes on both wheels slow the N Max down and ABS is offered.
If Yamaha were to get positive feedback for such a scooter and plan to bring it to India we believe it will feature simpler drivetrain and a more realistic range near the Rs 80,000 mark.
Starts Rs 50,817
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Indian Highways - And our "Delicious Dhabas"
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- New-gen 2022 Suzuki S-Cross leaked, global debut November 25
- Suzuki Avenis 125cc scooter launched in India with prices starting at Rs 86,700