2016 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Polo GTI showcased
After much speculation, Volkswagen has finally confirmed the arrival of the Polo GTI. The most powerful of the Polos will be launched in India in the second half of this year.
The three-door Polo GTI uses the 1.8 TSI and not the 1.4 TSI that was being rumoured. Volkswagen's 1.8-litre TSI motor has been tuned to make 192PS for the GTI. In case you were wondering, this is more power than what the race-spec Polos that were used in the Polo Cup, used to make. It uses the popular 7-speed DSG 'box and will also get paddle shifters. We expect the GTI to arrive as a CBU and that means that it should get the Euro-spec, performance suspension and disc brakes all around. The suspension is visibly lower and together with the low kerb weight, the car will be a very spirited performer. It will also get a sunroof.
More details about the spec and pricing will be announced closer to the launch date. However, we are quite sure it will not come cheap. Expect somewhere upwards of Rs 20 lakh.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh