2016 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Passat GTE showcased
Volkswagen has showcased the Passat GTE at the 2016 Auto Expo. This Passat is a plug-in hybrid vehicle that is powered by an 85kW(115PS) electric motor and a 156PS 1.4-litre turbo-charged petrol engine mated to a 6-speed DSG gearbox. The Volkswagen Passat GTE has a combined power output of approximately 218PS and a maximum torque of 400Nm. According to Volkswagen, the Passat GTE, with this plug-in hybrid technology, is capable of clearing the EU 6 emission norms.
The Volkswagen Passat never did too well in the Indian market despite it being a great car. The majority of customers preferred to go for the more popular German brands like Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. With this new Passat however, Volkswagen is trying something new and offereing just the plug-in hybrid version instead of the regular 2.0-litre diesel and 1.8-litre TSI engines.
The Volkswagen Passat GTE's exterior design is quintessentially Volkswagen with its simple and elegant styling. The front is quite striking with the new headlamps, grille and LED DRLs. The rear end, although a little bland, looks a very neat.
We also found out at the Auto Expo 2016 that the Passat GTE will be launched very soon in India.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 30.2 Lakhs
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh