2016 Auto Expo: Tata Tiago based Aktiv crossover on display
Tata Motors' pavilion at the 2016 Auto Expo drew quite a bit of attention with the Kite 5 compact sedan, Hexa MPV and Nexon SUV. In addition, the brand had a personalisation studio which had existing models kitted with accessories.
This section also had the Tiago based crossover, which will be tentatively called the Tata Tiago Aktiv. This model gets all the usual additions like matte cladding on the front and rear bumpers with bash plates underneath to give it a crossover look. The matte grille and the bright aluminium finished strip on the bumper makes it look different.
The Tiago crossover also gets contrasting roof rails, a sporty vinyl with new alloys and a matte black rocker mould. From the 'striker blue' shade displayed, it is evident that the Tata Tiago Aktiv will be offered in funky colours.
The Tata Tiago Aktiv will be powered by the same engines offered on the Tata Tiago. It will primarily compete against the Mahindra KUV100 and the Maruti Suzuki Celerio post its launch in India.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Near-production Citroen C3 spotted in India ahead of launch
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate